Good morning, Ohio State fans, and welcome to the Scarlet Sunrise! Football will always be our focus, but every day we’ll cover news, notes and analysis from across Buckeyes sports. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Ohio State football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Urban Meyer talks Penn State
Ohio State coach Urban Meyer met with the media Wednesday night to preview the Penn State game. Here’s some of what he had to say:
- On the White Out environment: “I think that makes college football great. It’s a great environment. Do I like it? I like it if we find a way to win the game. That’s why we’re there. They’re there to do the opposite.”
- Amir Riep is back this week from a hamstring injury and Brady Taylor will probably miss around four weeks after having surgery
- Mike Weber will be good to go against Penn State
- Demario McCall might be a bigger factor going forward. “He is actually going to be involved in this game plan, I think,” Meyer said. “To play tailback, he’s got to get stronger than he is. And to play wideout, he’s got to be a little more fluid. So he’s right in between, but he’s working his tail off and I love him. He can add value.”
4-star ATH sets visit
When Wandale Robinson showed at Ohio State for the Buckeyes’ Sept. 8 game against Rutgers, there was little doubt that it was good news. That visit, an unofficial one, helped the Buckeyes chances to land the 4-star athlete from Frankfort (Ky.) Western Hills, he told Lettermen Row.
“It definitely helped them,” Robinson said. “I feel as if I’m one of Hartline’s top guys with how much we talk. We talk just about every day.”
Now Ohio State will be on the receiving end of Robinson’s fifth and final official visit, which he plans to take Oct. 6 for the Indiana game. A decision could be coming in mid-October, so the Buckeyes have a chance to make a big impact when he visits.
Ohio State power rankings
Who are your top 10 most valuable Ohio State players on this year’s team? Lettermen Row took a crack at the list, and No. 1 shouldn’t come as a huge surprise.
Cade Stover story time
If you’re not reading Cade Stover’s weekly journal entry on Lettermen Row, you’re missing out. A rainy weekend means no farm stories this week, but with a big matchup looming Stover did give some insight into why he chose Ohio State over Penn State.
“Ironically, Penn State was one of the schools I visited and considered during the recruiting process. It was a great campus, beautiful and out in the country, which is right up my alley. I didn’t feel the love and passion there I did at Ohio State, but most of all I didn’t feel the comfort that I felt at Ohio State. The Buckeyes staff made me feel like I was a part of the program from the first time I stepped on campus.”
- Ohio State at Penn State: 2 days
- The Game: 58 days
Sign up for the Scarlet Sunrise newsletter
If you enjoy the Scarlet Sunrise posts, please consider having our newsletter delivered to your inbox every weekday morning. Click here to sign up!