Good morning, Ohio State fans, and welcome to the Scarlet Sunrise. Football will always be our focus, but every day we’ll cover news, notes and analysis from across Buckeyes sports. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Ohio State football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Ohio State-Northwestern game time, details
Ohio State leads the all-time series against Northwestern 62-14-1. The Buckeyes have won seven straight against the Wildcats; their last loss came in 2004. The Buckeyes are 63-27 all-time in night games.
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET
Date: Friday, Oct. 18
Channel: Big Ten Network
Location: Ryan Field, Evanston, Ill. (capacity: 47,130)
Weather: 56 degrees with a 0 percent chance of rain
The line: The Buckeyes are a 28-point favorite, per BetDSI
Over/under: 48 points
Ohio State faces depth challenge along offensive line
The Buckeyes figured to get a lot healthier during the off week, but the availability report says otherwise.
Ohio State might be the most banged up along the offensive line, where Josh Alabi is listed as unavailable, and Thayer Munford is a game-time decision. If Munford can’t go, the Buckeyes will have some shuffling of positions, or younger players will need to grow up quickly.
Offensive line isn’t the only area of concern, either. Linebacker Teradja Mitchell is a game-time decision, while Baron Browning is out.
Here’s the full availability report as announced on Thursday by the program, making note that Ohio State doesn’t differentiate between injuries or disciplinary matters:
LB Teradja Mitchell
LT Thayer Munford
H-B C.J. Saunders
OT Josh Alabi
WR Kamryn Babb
LB Baron Browning
DT Noah Donald
WR Elijah Gardiner
TE Jake Hausmann
DB Ronnie Hickman
DT Taron Vincent
Bold predictions for Buckeyes road matchup against Northwestern
What can be expected of the Buckeyes as they hit the road for a rare Friday night game? Who will make a difference against a feisty Big Ten West defense? The Lettermen Row staff passed out five bold predictions ahead of the chilly October night game against the Wildcats. Here’s what our staff predicted to see.
Miss any Lettermen Row coverage so far this week?
- Five questions for Buckeyes heading into short Northwestern week
- Five Buckeyes poised for second-half breakouts
- Building backup depth, confidence tricky at quarterback for Buckeyes
- What We Learned as Ryan Day, Buckeyes gear up for Northwestern
- Tim May Podcast: How Buckeyes stack up among national contenders
- BuckIQ: Versatility, athleticism making Shaun Wade invaluable at Ohio State
- As Jonathon Cooper gets healthier, Buckeyes pass rush gets more lethal
- Lettermen Live: Breaking down Ohio State dominance, defensive line
- Justin Fields fresh, focused coming out of Buckeyes off date
- BuckIQ: New faces stepping up to bolster surging Ohio State defense
- BuckIQ: Tough, smart interior linemen springing Ohio State rushing attack
- Deep, talented rotation means Ohio State doesn’t need ‘go-to’ receiver
Stick with Lettermen Row for game day coverage
Lettermen Row will be on site in Evanston for wall-to-wall coverage of the cross-divisional matchup between the Buckeyes and the Wildcats. Follow along on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for experienced Ohio State coverage.
Sign up for the Scarlet Sunrise newsletter
If you enjoy the Scarlet Sunrise posts, please consider having our newsletter delivered to your inbox every weekday morning. Click here to sign up!