Good morning, Ohio State fans, and welcome to the Scarlet Sunrise. Football will always be our focus, but every day we’ll cover news, notes and analysis from across Buckeyes sports. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Ohio State football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Ohio State vs. Rutgers game time, details
Ohio State is 5-0 all-time against Rutgers, with all five meetings coming since the Scarlet Knights joined the Big Ten. The Buckeyes are 2-0 in Piscataway, outscoring Rutgers 105-7 in the two games. Ohio State has scored at least 49 points in every meeting all-time against Rutgers.
Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
Date: Saturday, Nov. 16
TV channel: Big Ten Network
Location: SHI Stadium, Piscataway, New Jersey (capacity: 52,454)
Weather: High of 39 degrees with a 0 percent chance of precipitation
The line: The Buckeyes are a 52.5-point favorite, per BetDSI
Over/under: 61.5 points
Buckeyes missing four starters at Rutgers
The Buckeyes don’t need all of their starters to beat this hapless Rutgers team in Piscataway.
But that doesn’t mean they won’t miss them ahead of the game against Penn State next week. Ohio State will be without Chase Young, Jonathon Cooper, Baron Browning and Austin Mack against the Scarlet Knights.
Young’s timetable to return is now known; he’ll be back next week after serving a two-game suspension handed down by the NCAA. Business is about to pick up for the Buckeyes once Rutgers is out of the way. It remains to be seen if Cooper, Browning and Mack will be ready then, but it’s clear they aren’t quite ready yet.
Here’s the full availability report as announced on Friday by the program, making note that Ohio State doesn’t differentiate between injuries or disciplinary matters:
Ohio State Game-time Decisions
OT Josh Alabi
WR Kamryn Babb
LB Baron Browning
DE Jonathon Cooper
RB Marcus Crowley
DL Noah Donald
WR Ellijah Gardiner
DB Ronnie Hickman
OL Matt Jones
WR Austin Mack
OL Brett Novick
WR C.J. Saunders
DT Taron Vincent
DE Chase Young
Bold predictions for Ohio State road trip to Rutgers
What can be expected of the No. 2 Buckeyes as they travel to face a terrible Rutgers team? Who among the second- and third-stringers will make a difference in the second half? How will the Ohio State offense look before next week’s test against Penn State? The Lettermen Row staff passed out five bold predictions ahead of the tune-up game against the Scarlet Knights. Here’s what our staff predicted to see.
Miss any of our coverage so far this week?
- Five questions as Buckeyes prepare to visit overmatched Rutgers
- Zach Harrison zips through learning curve, making freshman impact
- Even shorthanded, never doubt Ohio State Rushmen under Larry Johnson
- Tim May Podcast: Ohio State-LSU comparison, Chase Young latest, Rutgers preview
- BuckIQ: Tyreke Smith, Zach Harrison next in line for pass-rushing greatness
- Healthy Baron Browning can make tough Buckeyes defense even better
- What We Learned as Ryan Day, Ohio State turn attention to Rutgers
- CFP Reaction: Deserved or not, Buckeyes drop might work in their favor
- Confidence, security grows with every big Chris Chugunov throw
- Garrett Wilson already showing signs of stardom at Ohio State
- Chase Young will return to action after Rutgers game
- Can Chase Young get back in Heisman contention after suspension?
- Buckeyes plan to ‘complete the mission’ with Chase Young returning
- BuckIQ: Tuf Borland setting physical, vocal tone for Ohio State defense
- Jeff Hafley: Recruiting New Jersey about Boss, bagels, being himself
- Zach Harrison making most of surprising starts for Buckeyes
Stick with Lettermen Row for game day coverage
Lettermen Row app now available
Want an easier way to get free premium content from Lettermen Row?
The Lettermen Row app is here! Get all of the Ohio State news, analysis, videos and everything else you’ve come to expect from us in one free, convenient spot. It’s now available in both the App Store and Google Play — check it out!
The Lettermen Row app can be found for free here:
Sign up for the Scarlet Sunrise newsletter
If you enjoy the Scarlet Sunrise posts, please consider having our newsletter delivered to your inbox every weekday morning. Click here to sign up!