Good morning, Ohio State fans, and welcome to the Scarlet Sunrise! Football will always be our focus, but every day we’ll cover news, notes and analysis from across Buckeyes sports. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Ohio State football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Ohio State will host Cincinnati today
The Buckeyes and Bearcats meet for an intriguing in-state battle with both teams looking to keep the momentum rolling.
Time: Noon ET
Date: Saturday, September 7th.
Location: Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio
Weather: High of 74 degrees with zero-percent chance of rain
The line: Ohio State is a 16-point favorite, per BetDSI
Over/under: 55 points
Miss any of our coverage so far this week?
- Five Questions as Buckeyes prepare for tough Cincinnati test
- What We Learned from Tuesday’s media session with the Buckeyes
- Tuesday’s Dotting The ‘Eyes with Birm
- Ohio State will actually use its tight ends this season
- Game poster from Sam Silverman
- Wednesday’s Dotting The ‘Eyes with Birm
- Senior Tackle from Jaxon Smith-Njigba
- Zach Boren broke down the defensive performance against Florida Atlantic with a BuckIQ
- Are the Buckeyes adjusting their running back recruiting?
- Mike Hartline broke down Justin Fields’ debut in the latest BuckIQ
- How much did Ohio State hold back on offense in the season opener?
C.J. Saunders, Jonathon Cooper still sidelined
Ohio State will again be without two senior captains when it takes the field at the Horseshoe.
And with the degree of difficulty going up against visiting Cincinnati, there will be even more pressure for other Buckeyes to step up and carry the load with Jonathon Cooper and C.J. Saunders still out of the lineup.
Those two veterans were joined by defensive tackle Taron Vincent on the list of notable unavailable players released by Ohio State on Friday. But the absence of Cooper on the defensive line and Saunders as an offensive weapon at H-back continues to linger as an early challenge for the depth of the Buckeyes.
Ohio State inducts Hawk, Nugent, Matta into Hall of Fame
Ohio State inducted AJ.. Hawk, Mike Nugent, Thad Matta and others into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame at a dinner on Friday night. The Buckeye legends were all there to accept their awards and give speeches.
That ceremony was part of this weekend’s Hall of Fame festivities in Columbus. The game against Cincinnati will be tied into that, as well.
Stick with Lettermen Row for game day coverage
Lettermen Row will be on site for the Buckeyes matchup with the Bearcats. Miss any of the action? We have you covered.
Sign up for the Scarlet Sunrise newsletter
If you enjoy the Scarlet Sunrise posts, please consider having our newsletter delivered to your inbox every weekday morning. Click here to sign up!