COLUMBUS — The box score showed a complete performance from Ohio State last week against Cincinnati.
But as the Buckeyes go on the road for the first time this season, coach Ryan Day didn’t look back on the film from last week and see a perfect game. He saw a team that still has a lot to figure out before it travels to Indiana for the Big Ten opener.
“We talk about [how] we want to be the best in the country,” Day said Tuesday. “The message to the team is that the issues are still in the film, whether you win, you lose, whatever it is. The immature player, the immature coach looks at it and says everything is good, we won. We won pretty handily. The facts of the matter: There are issues on film.
“As the level of play increases through conference play, as the season goes on, those issues aren’t going to go away.”
The level of play will certainly increase. The Hoosiers are coming off a shutout win of their own last week, and they haven’t beaten the Buckeyes since 1988. For anybody heading to the game, listening on the radio or watching on TV, Lettermen Row has all the viewing information that could possibly be needed to not miss a moment.
Ohio State-Indiana game time, details
The Buckeyes and Hoosiers will meet for the 92nd time on Saturday. Ohio State is 74-12-5 all time against Indiana, and the Buckeyes have won 23 straight against the Hoosiers dating back to 1991. Ohio State is 27-2-1 at Indiana.
Time: Noon ET
Date: Saturday, Sept. 14
Location: Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, Ind. (capacity: 52,656)
Weather: High of 83 degrees with a 5 percent chance of rain
The line: The Buckeyes are a 17.5-point favorite, per BetDSI
Over/under: 63.5 points
What TV channel is the Ohio State game on?
The Buckeyes and Hoosiers will play on FOX, with Gus Johnson (play-by-play), Joel Klatt (color analyst) and Jenny Taft (sideline) on the call.
How can I watch online?
The Buckeyes and Hoosiers can be streamed online via FoxSportsGo.
How can I listen to the game on the radio?
Paul Keels and Jim Lachey will have the call on 97.1 FM (WBNS) in Columbus. A full list of football radio affiliates for the program can be found here.
Miss any of our coverage so far this week?
- Five Questions as Buckeyes gear up for start of Big Ten play
- Which Buckeyes helped their cause in win over Cincinnati?
- Buckeyes have enough options, talent to crush short-yardage situations
- Lettermen Live: Analyzing early Ohio State domination, previewing Indiana trip
- Tim May Podcast: Jimmy Burrow on rise of Joe at LSU, analyzing Ohio State
- What is the best way for Ohio State to use Demario McCall?
- What We Learned as Ryan Day, Ohio State previewed Indiana
- BuckIQ: Chemistry, aggression allow Ohio State offensive line to thrive
- BuckIQ: How Chase Young is wrecking game plans, lifting Ohio State
- Buckeyes continue to toy with Bullet in fluid defense
- Superior special teams giving Ohio State significant edge
- Beanie and The Boom Podcast: Evaluating Ohio State after two weeks, NFL roundup
- Shaun Wade making big impact, still trying ‘to give more’