COLUMBUS — Ohio State didn’t want this much time to prepare for Indiana; it would have rather played Saturday.
But that’s now in the past, and the Buckeyes were able to get a head-start in preparation for a top-10 showdown they weren’t expecting at the beginning of the season.
Ohio State opened as a 21-point home favorite for Saturday’s top-10 showdown between the Buckeyes and Indiana, according to the folks at VegasInsider.com.
After a week without a game, Ohio State is trying to stay fine-tuned in preparation for the first top-1o matchup in the Big Ten this season.
“What we have to do is keep our routine,” Ohio State coach Ryan Day said Thursday after last week’s cancelation. “In a season that has been nothing like we’re used to, we need to keep our routine the best we can. … We don’t have a game plan ready to go for Indiana, but at least we’ll get a head start on that. We’ll have a good practice on Saturday and try to keep it as much routine as possible. When you keep changing routine on coaches and players and staff members, it wears you down. It’s a distraction. So, we’re going to try to everything we can to not do that and keep our routine the same.”
With 14 days between games and an unwanted off week last week, the Buckeyes will finally be back on the field, and they’ll do so as a double-digit favorite in a top-10 matchup.
Ohio State-Indiana gambling trends
- Ohio State is 2-1 against the spread this season, covering the 26-point spread in the opener against Nebraska and then a week later at Penn State. The Buckeyes failed to cover the spread in a sloppy win over Rutgers and didn’t play last week.
- Indiana, meanwhile, is 4-0 against the spread this season, winning outright as an underdog twice, beating both Penn State in the opener and Michigan on the road.
- The Buckeyes are 2-7 against the spread against the Hoosiers in their last nine meetings, but they have won by at least 17 points four straight meetings.
- Ohio State was 5-2 against the spread as a home favorite last season.
- Ohio State is 0-5 against the spread in its last five home games against the Hoosiers.
- The Hoosiers were 3-0 against the spread as an away underdog last season.
- The over is 3-1 in Indiana games this season.