For the first time in nearly 10 years, Ohio State football has the opportunity to win at least a share of the Big Ten title in back-to-back seasons and can win it outright for the second-straight year. As many Buckeyes fans, the players and the staff know, though, there is much more at stake this weekend across the country outside of the conference championship.
After the latest College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday evening, Ohio State was able to gain some ground thanks to the thrashing of Michigan and moved into the No. 6 spot. The Buckeyes currently sit outside of the Top 4, but will likely move up to at least No. 5 after the weekend with Alabama and Georgia playing one another in the SEC Championship. That said, Urban Meyer and Co. will likely be the topic of debate with Oklahoma if the Sooners avenge their early-season loss to Texas Saturday as to whom should be the final team in the playoff.
However, there is still one important thing Ohio State must do to even make all of that possible: beat Northwestern.
So if you’re going to Indianapolis, watching on TV or listening to Paul Keels on the radio, we have all of the viewing information you could need to not miss a moment of Ohio State-Northwestern in the Big Ten Championship game.
Ohio State-Northwestern game time, details
The Buckeyes and Northwestern kickoff at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 1.
Time: 8 p.m. ET
Date: Saturday, December 1
Location: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
The line: Ohio State is a 14-point favorite, per The Action Network
Over/under: 61 points
What TV channel is Ohio State-Northwestern on?
The Buckeyes-Wildcats game will be televised nationally on FOX.
How can I watch Ohio State-Northwestern online?
The Buckeyes-Wildcats game can be streamed online via Fox Sports GO.
How can I listen to Ohio State-Northwestern on the radio?
Paul Keels and Jim Lachey will have the call on 97.1 FM (WBNS) in Columbus along with sideline reporter Matt Andrews. A full list of football radio affiliates for the program can be found here.
Who is calling the game for FOX?
Gus Johnson (play-by-play), Joel Klatt (color analyst), Jenny Taft (sidelines)
Miss any of our coverage so far this week? Look no further.
- Five Questions as the Buckeyes gear up to defend their Big Ten title
- Does Ohio State have any reason for concern with Northwestern?
- Watch Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer preview the Wildcats, updates Buckeyes
- What did the Scarlet and Gray do differently to have so much success on defense against Michigan? Watch BuckIQ and hear from former linebacker Zach Boren
- Check out the Ohio State depth chart for the Big Ten Championship
- Hear from Ryan Day, Greg Schiano, Dwayne Haskins and more Buckeyes ahead of their trip to Indianapolis this weekend
- Former Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith was in the Lettermen Row film room to break down the play of Dwayne Haskins against Michigan
- There was a packed house on this week’s Lettermen Live, and you don’t want to miss a minute of this conversation about The Game and Ohio State looking for back-to-back Big Ten titles
- Dwayne Haskins cleans up with more Big Ten awards
- Secondary must step up, cut down on penalties to win Big Ten